“About 1 in 6, or 48 million people (in the US), get sick each year from contaminated food, with 128,000 hospitalizations, and 3,000 deaths annually.”
Center for Disease Control
Lot Tracking Software for Product Traceability
Blue Link's Lot Tracking Software
Lot tracking, or batch tracking, allows for product traceability to keep track of which customers received specific groups (or shipments) of items and when they were received. The supplier and date these items were purchased are also tracked allowing managers to track an individual group of products (or shipment) from the supplier to their own warehouse and ultimately to the customer.
Lot tracking is a core component in achieving FDA / ISO / CFIA compliance for many businesses. This component also allows you to perform lot costing - tracking actual costs instead of FIFO or average.
Key Features of Blue Link Lot Tracking Software
- Aids in achieving FDA / ISO / CFIA compliance
- Track internal and external lot numbers
- Pre-assign lot numbers to faciliate FIFO methodology
Allows for shipping earlier expiry dates first
- Manage best before and expiry dates
- Simplify product recalls and warnings
- Track product end-to-end from your supplier to your warehouse and ultimately to your customer
- Auto-generate lot numbers if desired
- Track as many or as few items as needed
- Optionally print lot numbers on packing slips or invoices
- Allows for accurate margin calculations when a single SKU is used for special one-time purchases
Lot Tracking Software Demo
Benefits of Traceability
Many industries rely on lot tracking for product recall and product warnings as well as for better inventory management purposes. Our clients use lot tracking for a variety of purposes and to accomplish a number of organizational goals. Lot tracking can be a powerful tool and Blue Link's lot tracking capabilities are stronger than those found in standard ERP software.
|Contact Us||for more information about Lot Tracking, to request a product walk-through, or to arrange for a demonstration|
"We manufacture and distribute a surgically implanted medical device in an industry which is highly regulated in Canada, the USA and in most countries around the world. Using an ERP system which provides complete lot tracking capabilities from manufacture to warehousing to sale and/or consignment to exchange and/or return is an absolute necessity. To use a system that accomplishes all of this in a seamless effortless manner and which provides the capability to access and utilize the data for reporting easily is a luxury"
Lot Tracking, Traceability & Product Recall Webinar
- Food Safety News
- BRC Global Standard for Food Safety
- FDA - Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA)
- FDA | Recalls, Market Withdrawls & Safety Alerts
- FDA - Medical Device Tracking; Guidance for Industry & FDA Staff
- Health Canada | Drugs & Health Products Guidance Documents
- ISO 13485 | Medical Devices | Requirements for Regulatory Purposes