On-Premises (In-House) ERP Solution
How On-Premises Software Works
On-premises refers to software applications installed on-location on a client-owned server. Blue Link’s on-premises inventory management and accounting software will be installed by our professional implementation team on your in-house servers. Installation, data migration and employee training services are provided during the installation. Once the system has been installed, the customer becomes responsible for maintaining the system in terms of IT maintenance and managing hardware.
Bue Link’s on-premises solution involves the purchase of one-time paid licenses – you own the software. Additional hardware purchases may be required for the system.
Is On-Premises Software Right for You?
- Data is stored inside the organization
- Increased customization and control of systems
- No monthly subscription fees
- No internet connection required (required for remote access)
- Hardware can be shared between other internal systems
- Potentially easier to integrate with 3rd party applications
- Client owns the software
- Larger initial investment
- Hardware upgrades and maintenance required
- In-house IT management required
- Physical space required
- Software upgrades must be handled on the client end
- Less secure than most data centres
On-Premises Software Resources
Hosted and On-Premises Software: Total Cost of Ownership
To determine the best software implementation for your business, you must compare the total cost of ownership of hosted and on-premises implementations. To get a true estimate of costs, we recommend comparing over a 3 and 5 year period.
Moving from Legacy On-Premises ERP to Cloud-Based ERP
Thinking about making the switch to a cloud-based ERP solution? Cloud software can represent new opportunities for your businesses, however, it’s important to consider the pros and cons before making the switch.
SaaS and On-Premises Software Disaster Recovery Plan
Disaster can strike at any time – whether it’s sudden flooding or a power outage – it’s imperative to have proper measures in place to keep your business data safe and help get back up-and-running as soon as possible.