About Blue Link Inventory & Accounting ERP Software
Blue Link Associates Limited
Blue Link develops, supports and sells a proprietary all-in-one inventory and accounting ERP software suite. Functionality includes:
- Inventory Management
- Accounting and financials including A/R, A/P, GL, Bank Management
- Contact Management and CRM
- eCommerce Integration
- Warehouse Management
- Order Entry and Invoicing
- Advanced Reporting
- and more!
In addition, Blue Link includes various optional components such as point-of-sale, lot tracking, landed cost tracking, and barcode scanning. At Blue Link, we understand that no two businesses are exactly alike, and the software can be readily customized to match your specific business processes. Although we only serve businesses with head offices in North America and the Caribbean, Blue Link has software users in several countries around the world, including the United Kingdom, Japan, Taiwan and Russia
I started Blue Link Associates in 1992 from my basement in Richmond Hill. Prior to Blue Link, while practicing as a CPA and consultant, I worked with many owner-managed product-driven customers who could not find the right software to manage their operations. I could see their frustration and wanted to find a solution that could help – this sparked my interest in the software industry. I wanted to be able to provide businesses with an all-in-one solution and so I set out to learn everything I could about software development and the technology behind business solutions. I was soon immersed in the world of technology and loving every minute of it. I quickly found that my first-hand knowledge of wholesale and distribution businesses, combined with my accounting background, were huge assets in designing a solution that could suit the needs of small-medium size wholesale and distribution businesses. Enter Blue Link ERP! Jump ahead almost 30 years later and our goals have slightly changed, but most importantly, we still strive to be the most valuable, important and trusted business partner in the eyes of all our customers. I believe it is this mindset that allowed Blue Link to grow and see continued success over the years and today. We now employ dozens of consultants, programmers, support representatives and sales and marketing staff from an office in Vaughan. It’s been an exciting 27 years and I look forward to continuing to help our customers in the future!
– Mark Canes, President
“We’re constantly improving our system and functionality to meet the changing needs of our customers. Our goal is always to develop new versions that will enhance the user experience and help perform the tasks more efficiently whether the user is a warehouse manager, accountant, sales person etc. We value our customers’ feedback and it has played a pivotal part in deciding which frequently used functions in the system to develop/improve. Blue Link’s intuitive design is clear, consistent and allows for easier access to key information which increases productivity.”
– Mark Canes, President, Blue Link Associates
Blue Link is a great fit for wholesale and distribution businesses and we have developed specific functionality for a variety of sub-industries including; consumer packaged goods, apparel, food and beverage, medical and pharmaceutical, industrial products, salon and cosmetics, garden and floral and more.
Our software is designed for a wide range of customers including:
- Small to medium size wholesale and distribution businesses, as well as retail and eCommerce operations
- Growing companies looking to replace existing standalone, introductory systems such as QuickBooks, Peachtree or Simply Accounting, as well as legacy UNIX or FoxPro systems and ERP systems like Accpacc, Business Vision, Everest and MAS90/MAS200
- Companies with operations in North America and the Caribbean
Although our software works great for wholesale and distribution businesses, through our experience over the last 26 years, we’ve found that there are a few situations where we are not a good fit and unlikely to contribute high value to an organization. As part of our sales process, we work to identify these unique cases as soon as possible to make sure we don’t waste anyone’s time.
“Blue Link has been amazing right from the sales team, support, training…everything. We couldn’t have asked for a better partnership with an operating system.”
–Melanie Beckett, Assistant Director of Sales & Operations, Saga Sciences
At Blue Link, our vision is to be the most valuable, important and trusted business partner in the eyes of our customers.
We exist to provide a platform for our customers that will help them to succeed and to grow profitably and efficiently. Blue Link is dedicated to providing superior, complete business software solutions to small and medium sized businesses at an affordable cost, together with the highest level of caring, competent and professional service.
What Makes Blue Link Great
Blue Link’s small size is what gives us a competitive advantage. All services – from sales, through to consulting, training and support – are all performed by our in-house team of experts. This means our customers get a personalized support, customer service and sales approach every time. We get to know our customers and their businesses to quickly and accurately address their needs. Blue Link is most proud of being able to help its customers succeed and grow profitably and efficiently and many of our customers have been found on the Profit 100 List of Fastest Growing Companies.
Building close relationships with customers allows us to help clients achieve their goals and continuously improve the software functionality. As the trusted business partner of our customers, the Blue Link ERP team has been able to develop some very meaningful relationships and friendships and is proud to help a small business grow into a thriving enterprise, with some of our customers growing more than ten-fold in size and revenue.
As an owner-managed company, we understand the SMB mindset and have developed specific industry focused functionality, typically only found within larger organizations, at an affordable price tag.
How Blue Link Gives Back – Community Involvement
At Blue Link, we believe in supporting the local community as well as taking part in other initiatives to help those in need within the country and around the world.
The Blue Link ERP team gives back each year through a variety of initiatives including:
- Within the GTA, we participate in the Annual Sick Kids Soccer Tournament, raising funds and awareness for children with cancer. For the past couple of years, our team has been honored at this event for being in the top bracket for money raised.
- We also participate in a semi-annual food and clothing drives, working with local branches of Goodwill, the Salvation Army and other charities to collect food, household and clothing items to donate to those in need.
- Our team also participates in local events that raise awareness and funds for other initiatives outside of the GTA and Canada – for example raising awareness for South African culture and generating funds to support ZimArt’s primary school construction project in rural Zimbabwe
Achievements & Awards
We at Blue Link ERP are proud of our many achievements as a company, in terms of software development and the achievements of all our employees. Recent achievements include:
- The release of a new version of the software’s user interface – with advanced dashboard views, a customizable homepage and enhanced global navigation.
- The release of the first-ever CSOS and ERP software solution, designed specifically for the pharmaceutical distribution industry and certified by Drummond and the DEA.
- Blue Link has been recognized as a top software and technology provider in the food and beverage industry for 5 years in a row – this recognition comes from Food Logistics, the only publication exclusively dedicated to covering the movement of product through the global food supply chain
- For its marketing efforts on the Blue Link Blog, our company was awarded the Bronze Award for Best Vendor Blog by Explore WMS and Blue Link’s very own Samantha Hornby was awarded the Bronze Award in the Best Article category for her article “Different Picking Methods with Warehouse Inventory Software”. Both Blue Link and Samantha have previously won other awards through ERP Focus for blog content.
- Advanced functionality for mobile barcode scanning on iOS devices – an economical option for small businesses who want to automate warehouse processes.
- Enhancements to Blue Link’s own Warehouse Management Solution – designed as an alternative to full WMS software, providing an affordable option for small-medium businesses.
- Blue Link recently moved to a data centre designed to Tier 3 standards – improving quality of performance and security for all Blue Link hosted customers.
- Maintaining status as a Microsoft Gold Level Partner
- Winner of the 2018 Tech Connex Technology Company of the Year Award
Want to learn more about how software can help you manage your business? Download our Software Buying Guide.