Controlled Substance Ordering System – CSOS
Pharmaceutical Inventory and Accounting Software
Blue Link ERP Controlled Substance Ordering System (CSOS)
is a DEA certified optional component integrated with Blue Link’s B2B Online Ordering System and ERP accounting and inventory management software. Perfect for wholesale and distribution pharmaceutical businesses, Blue Link is an all-in-one system designed to manage all aspects of a company’s operations. Blue Link provides functionality to aid in FDA/ISO/DEA compliance and other industry regulations including DSCSA compliance. Blue Link’s Pharmaceutical ERP
with CSOS provides the means for pharmaceutical distributors to receive sales orders including Schedule II controlled substances through a DEA certified electronic ordering CSOS component.
What is CSOS?
CSOS allows distributors, pharmacies and manufacturers to transmit Schedule II (CII) orders electronically. This DEA approved legal process is based on regulations that allow CII items to be ordered electronically, assuming certain criteria have been met.
CSOS is built into Blue Link’s B2B Online Order Portal for distribution businesses, in order to allow pharmacies and other customers to place orders online for Schedule II drugs.
Blue Link CSOS Features and Benefits:
- Secure electronic transmission of orders for Schedule II (C2) class drugs via B2B Online Order Portal
- Eliminates the need for customers to complete and mail/courier DEA Form 222
- Allows for Schedule II sales orders to be submitted in minutes not days
- Eliminates the need for customers to submit separate sales orders for C2 and “other” products
- Suppliers can receive orders from an unlimited number of registered customers using CSOS
- Detailed logs of the communication showing that the customer’s certificate was valid at the time of purchase
- Automatically generate and upload mandatory CSOS Reports every 48 hours
- Unlimited CSOS transactions for one monthly fee – no individual transaction fee
- Fully integrated as an out-of-the-box Pharmaceutical ERP solution
- DEA Certified as of March 28, 2017.
“With the help of Blue Link CSOS we saw a 42.5% increase in sales to $1.425M from April 2017 to May 2017.”
– Russel Patterson, IPD
As an HDA member, Blue Link ERP has access to networking opportunities, research, member-developed education and resources for the healthcare supply chain. This aids Blue Link in closely monitoring the progression of DSCSA requirements and other industry regulations to stay ahead of changes and updates.