Nella implemented Blue Link ERP to manage all but one of the business functions, integrated with 3rd party software for the remaining function. The implementation has been successful in achieving Nella’s objectives of streamlining time-consuming business processes and providing accurate and timely information to management and staff.
Benefits of the implementation of Blue Link include:
Streamlining of the Sales Process
Nella now processes orders and invoices through a fast, user-friendly interface, saving time and improving the qualitative interaction with customers. “Thanks to Blue Link ERP, we are able to give customers all the information required to expedite their order,” says Ralph.
Elimination of Duplicate Entry
The time savings realized by eliminating duplicate entry, manual tracking and invoicing, and maintaining separate systems is estimated at several person-days every month. Beyond that, the potential for key-punch errors on transferring data between systems is completely eliminated.
Reduced Administration Time and Delays
The ability to quickly recall previous transactions to the screen saves the staff at Nella several hours every week. Information lookups that used to take minutes or, in some cases, hours, now take mere seconds, including:
- Faster response time in searching customer files, and
- Searches for different items that are available in all the modules, like payments recorded per day and inventory items by customer.
Improved Control Over Receivables and Cash Flow
The receivables collection process is easier and more effective because all data necessary to complete a collection call is available in real time.
Wendy Kippen of Nella says, “The detail level that is available with the drill down feature is a huge benefit. Previously, we did not have the access to the inventory on an invoice, so we did not know what we were trying to collect without going to pull out the paper copy of the invoice. Now we simply drill down and reproduce the invoice on screen, while making the collection call.”
Wendy also cites the ability to produce a statement at any time of the month as a benefit.
Additional Benefits Identified by Nella’s Staff
- More than one user able to do the same activity at one time (order entry, record payment).
- The data entry by code or name reduces the scope for user errors.
- Security is higher with a password protection to different levels in different modules.
- Exporting reports to Excel to be able to fine-tune them as needed.
- Technical support is easy to access. Someone is always available.
In summing up, Wendy Kippen states that “Nella is significantly more efficient since the implementation of Blue Link ERP, and the benefits certainly more than justify the investment made in the solution.”