Warehouse Management System for Wholesalers and Distributors
Better Warehouse Management
Blue Link ERP is an all-in-one solution designed for small to medium size businesses, primarily wholesalers and distributors. As a fully integrated system, Blue Link provides robust functionality for managing inventory, accounting, order entry and processing, contact management, eCommerce integration and warehouse management. Blue Link’s basic warehouse management functionality improves speed and accuracy through automated workflows, and is the ideal solution for businesses with small warehouses, stock rooms and storage facilities. Specific functionality includes:
- Multiple warehouse locations
- Consolidated pick slips
- Tracking of bin/shelf plus overflow locations
- In-transit warehouse
- Ability to print shipping labels
- Pick/pack/ship workflow management
- Mobile handheld picking/wireless barcode scanning
- Generate master shipment and specific box (within a shipment) tracking
- Barcode verification scanning
- Shipping box/container history
- Create/view/print picking and packing slips (pick slips in logical picking order)
- Integration with shipping carriers – shipping information/tracking numbers and pricing returned
- Ability to associate hyperlink tracking number to sales order to track product
- Serial number/lot number selection
- Ability to select shipping container size and allocate product to specific shipping boxes
Blue Link Warehouse Management Features
Blue Link’s basic warehouse management system features are designed to manage multiple workflow and supply chain processes. Whether you own your own warehouses, work with 3PLs or a combination of both, Blue Link provides functionality for efficient inventory and warehouse management. Blue Link’s built-in functionality and warehouse shipping module is ideal for the following environments:
- Less complex warehouses where location tracking is not required
- Retail and eCommerce companies with distribution centres
- Mobile inventory where trucks, trailers etc. serve as non-traditional warehouse locations which require inventory management
- Cash and Carry type businesses looking to manage inventory within their warehouses
Improve efficiency with barcode scanning. Replace manual warehouse processes with Blue Link’s mobile handheld picking solution or simplified verification scanning, and ensure the right product is picked and shipped every time.
Reduce the amount of time required per order. Consolidated pick slips and bin / shelf location tracking makes it easy for employees to pick product following the most efficient route in your warehouse, reducing the amount of time to ship each order.
Eliminate double entry. Integration with major shipping carriers eliminates the need to re-key data into multiple systems and means tracking information and pricing is automatically associated with each order.
Advanced Warehouse Management Functionality
If your business is looking for a more advanced Warehouse Management System or WMS functionality, Blue Link provides WMS Lite, the perfect solution for growing businesses. This advanced functionality is best suited for the following types of operations:
- Businesses with larger warehouses and a high volume of orders
- Businesses with warehouses in which there are multiple storage locations for the same SKU
- Businesses which utilize barcode scanning and handheld picking to manage their receiving, picking, packing and shipping processes
The Benefits of Blue Link’s WMS – a Testimonial by Kroeger Inc
“We’ve probably gone from 30 orders a day in the past, to probably 100 with being able to just one-by-one get the orders out. “
– Peter Gerogacopoulos, Head of Finance and Procurement
WMS Lite Functionality
|Integration with Tablets and Barcode Scanning Devices||Ability to run the Blue Link WMS Lite Screen on laptops, iOS, Android and Microsoft tablets in conjunction with barcode scanning devices. This allows users to mount tablets to carts, forklifts, etc. for use while picking product.
|Empty Bin/Shelf Availability||When receiving product, system will show available locations in the warehouse to add SKUs based on what space is empty.
|Ability to Set Up Stocking and Non-Stocking Locations||Ability to set up locations within the warehouse as either stocking or non-stocking. This shows the true count of inventory within the warehouse, but will separate product available and product already allocated to an existing order. Allows for cross-docking of product.
|Stocking Location Priorities and Ratings||Ability to set up stocking location priorities and ratings for more efficient picking. System will create pick list for most efficient pick route, based on these priorities and ratings.
|Movement Tracking of Product||System logs every single movement of product in the warehouse. When you pick product from a shelf location and add it to your cart, the system will deplete the units from the shelf and increase the units to your cart. This provides users the ability to see inventory that is still physically available in the warehouse but already allocated to a specific order. This also allows you to manage the time it takes to move product from one location to another, in order to report on the data for more efficient warehouse layouts.
|Cross Docking||Ability to receive and ship product without putting it away.