The HDA’s initiative focuses on four key elements of pharmaceutical distribution: safety, reliability, efficiency and pharmacy.
- Safety: Pharmaceutical distributors are committed to maintaining a safe and secure pharmaceutical supply chain for all medical and pharmaceutical products.
- Reliability: It is imperative that customers – pharmacies, healthcare facilities, hospitals etc. – can rely on distributors to deliver the right product at the right time.
- Efficiency: By implementing the right systems, logistical solutions and technology, and by taking advantage of supply chain experts, distributors are helping to save the healthcare system billions of dollars every year.
- Pharmacy: Stable distribution networks allow pharmacies to focus more effort on patient management.
The Healthcare Distribution Alliance (or HDA) is the national organization recognizing primary pharmaceutical distributors, helping to link all members of the supply chain. The HDA has developed a website dedicated specifically to providing information and support to this initiative and other members of the pharmaceutical supply chain.
Blue Link ERP is doing its part to support the pharmaceutical distribution supply chain by providing all-in-one inventory and accounting ERP software with specific functionality for pharmaceutical distribution and managing controlled substances. State-of-the-art healthcare distribution facilities together with robust business management software help to automate processes and streamline operations – all while adhering to stringent DSCSA and other requirements. Blue Link works with a variety of customers across the US and includes functionality for:
- Lot tracking (traceability)
- Revision control
- Identification of Product – NDC#, GTIN, Family, Brand etc.
- Suspicious Order Monitoring (SOM)
- Transaction History Management
- Saleable Returns – Verification Router Service
- and more!
In keeping up with industry requirements, Blue Link signed agreement with LSPediA to become an authorized partner to market and resell LSPediA’s drug tracking and verification software. This agreement provides more functionality for the safe and reliable management of saleable returns.